Here’s a list of rides I’d like to do in the coming year, in no particular order.
1. A 200K. It would be great if I can do a ride without mechanical problems!
2. A 300K. Moving up the Super Randonneur ladder….
3. A Chuck and Crista ride. They sound like so much fun.
4. The WABA 50 States ride. This seems like a great way to get to know the city.
5. The Sea Gull Century. I’ve more or less committed to this so that I can ride with friends.
6. One of the following: the Back Roads Century, the Scenic Schuylkill Century, or the Civil War Century. The first two are the rides I meant to do this year. The last is one I’d like to do, just because I’m getting into reading about the Civil War.
While I’m at it, I’m including a few dream rides I’d like to do someday. These are mostly multi-day rides– something I’ve never done before.
1. RAGBRAI. The first time I heard of this, I thought there was no possible way I could do it. Now I think it’s not only possible, but potentially lots of fun.
2. Bon Ton Roulet. J & N did this ride. I would love to tour the Finger Lakes.
3. Doing the C&O Canal trail from end to end. I’ve done parts of it, but never the entire thing.
4. A Vermont tour. We saw a tour group while R and I were on our honeymoon several years ago. Although I got the impression from the staff at the hotel we stayed that they weren’t too happy with the groups, I still think it would be a fun trip, although R may not agree.
5. A Gran Fondo. I don’t know why I want to do this– it seems crazy to do something competitive when I haven’t been training in this fashion. But I’d like to give it a go.
What rides would you like to do?