My most recent obsession is finding a pair of commuting/short distance bike pants that look good on or off the bike. I have very detailed specifications for pants:
- They have to fit (obviously)- I’m 5’2″ with short legs and wide hips.
- They have to be full length, and have to taper at the leg so that they don’t interfere with the chainring, but not so much that they look like leggings.
- They have to be in a dark color so that the grease stains don’t show. (I know– I should clean my bike more often, but I’m being realistic here)
- They have to be made of sturdy material.
- They can’t look like I’m going for sport ride– they have to look like casual pants.
Right now, I have two 3/4 length pants: the Chrome Vanya Knickers and the Gore Countdown 2.0 Lady Pants. Of the two, I like the Chrome better for cold weather riding– the material is thicker and sturdy. The Gore is made of a thinner material, which is uncharacteristically not windproof.
I’d really like some full-length pants for the winter. Here are some that I’ve been looking at online:
Ibex Equipo Pants. I like that it has a liner. A little pricey.
Outlier Women’s Daily Riding Pants. Looks classy, although I don’t have the model’s thin legs. Pricey.
Betabrand Bike to Work Pants. They have some bike-specific additions, such as reflective cuffs. The inseam looks longer than what I can wear.
Do you have any suggestions for pants for short people?