Once again, R and I did the SOME Trot for Hunger 5K. Some thoughts:
- It was much warmer this year than last year. I wore a light jacket, long-sleeved shirt, long pants, wool socks, and a hat. I took off the hat not even halfway through the run.
- We situated ourselves closer to the start this year, at the pace marker more appropriate to where we’ve been averaging on our practice runs. This worked out better for us. Last year, we were farther away at a slower pace marker because I wasn’t sure that I could sustain my faster pace at the time. Last year, we ended up having to constantly dodge walkers and strollers. This year, we did much less of that.
- It also helped that we were familiar with the course.
- Last year, I was a lot more cautious– I went much slower in the beginning, even for me. This year, I started out at a decent clip.
- I felt like I kept a constant pace throughout, which my Strava data corroborated. My breathing felt pretty relaxed. I felt fairly relaxed overall.
- I beat last year’s net time by almost 4 1/2 minutes! Still well below the average for this race, but this was a new PR for me.
- Next year, I hope to be faster, even if only by a little.
One thought on “Trot for Hunger 5K 2015”
Comments are closed.