- All of my rides were either commutes or running errands.
- I biked to work more times this year (5 times, compared to only twice last year).
- I managed not to get majorly sick this time, which is a plus.
- The studded tires mostly worked. Putting them on was a pain- I ripped my hands on the studs, and messed up my derailleurs. Riding on them when there was no snow/ice on the ground was not pleasant, either. If I use them again, I would either put them on a winter beater bike or buy separate wheels for them so that I can put them on my bike more easily.
- Wearing a mask did help on the really cold days.
- MG wrote up a very nice interview.
- I didn’t enjoy my experience nearly as much as I did last year, though. I will likely not participate again. I will, as always, keep riding throughout the winter.
I took photos on Instagram. I’m particularly proud of the shots I took that chronicled the lengthening of the days.